With today’s often frenetic pace of living it’s easy to forget that busy-ness doesn’t always produce the results we really want. Instead it can lead to stress and burnout.
If we take the time to quiet our mind, many benefits flow. Mental clarity. Inspiration. Ideas. Solutions to problems. Reduction of stress. Emotional re-balancing. Physical well being. Too good to be true?
Meditation and relaxation
For centuries many religions and traditions have taught the value of having a quiet mind. The practice of meditation was long and rigorous. And elitist in its own way. Reserved for a handful of the population (such as religious orders).
Today we have taken the best of such practices and adapted them to suit our modern lifestyles. An awareness of the value and benefits of meditation and relaxation are now wide spread thanks to the internet. Technology makes it easier than ever to tap into our mental resources. For example brainwave technology or binaural beat audios can produce fast results – in days or weeks – that previously took people years of practice to achieve.
What are ways to go within and reconnect with your own internal resources?
- Binaural audios
- Being in a beautiful natural setting (ocean, water, mountains, forests, deserts, parks)
- Being engrossed in an activity that you enjoy (music, sport, cooking, driving)
- Other ways of relaxing
- Taking a nap
- Being with a favorite animal or pet
The benefits of learning to quiet your mind are priceless. No amount of money can buy you this.
- Improved mental capabilities: focus, clarity, new ideas, inspiration, creativity, solutions to problems,
- Emotional re-balancing – releasing negative bugaboos like fear, worry, anxiety, impatience, frustration. Reclaiming our natural state of ease and calm. Feeling happier, more optimistic.
- Enhanced physical well being. The body is no longer held in a “fight or flight’ pattern triggered by stress. It can direct its energy towards to maintenance of good health.
- Improved relationships: happy people attract better quality relationships (personal, work, business)